Currently 0 TOURS in itinerary.
Two Day Great Ocean Road & Phillip Island Penguin Parade Tour
- Included in price:
- Morning Tea Lunch (Day 1 Only) Dinner (Day 1 Only) Breakfast (Day 2 Only) Dorm Accommodation Queenscliff to Sorrento Ferry ride Park fees Inner city hotel pick up and drop off
- What to bring:
- Appropriate clothing (even in Summer it can get cold) Sunscreen Sunglasses Bottled water Towel & toiletries Camera ......and of course a BIG SMILE!!!
- Fitness level required:
- Child policies:
- Not recommended for young children due to the nature of this tour. No child rates are available on multiday tours. If travelling with children upgrading to a family room is highly recommended.
- Departure points:
- Melbourne, Victoria
- Departure time:
7:00 AM Mon, Wed, Thu, Sat
- Pickup/departure instructions:
- This tour departs on Monday, Wednesday*, Thursday and Saturday (Note Wednesday only in peak season) Courtesy pick up is available from most inner city accommodation providers. A list of tentative pickup locations and times can be found by copying and pasting this link into your browser: http://db.tt/8MDg99m2 It is recommended you arrive at your pick up location at least 10 minutes before you scheduled departure time. If the bus has not picked you up within 10 minutes please phone our office using the number on your booking confirmation. Popular pick up locations and times: Melbourne Metro: (78 Howard St, North Melbourne) - 6:50 am The Nunnery: (116 Nicholson St) - 6:55 am Space Hotel: (Corner Russel St & McKenzie St) - 6:55 am Hotel Discovery: (167 Franklin St) - 7:05 am Nomads Industry: (196 A'Beckett St) - 7:10 am St. Paul's Cathedral: (Cnr Flinders St & Swanston St) - 7:15 am Exford Hotel: (Corner Little Bourke St & Russel St) - 7:20 am King Street Backpackers: (Corner of Little Bourke and King St) - 7:30 am Holiday Inn: (Corner Spencer St and Flinders Lane) - 7:35 am Base Backpackers: (17 Carlisle St, St Kilda) - 7:10 am Habitat HQ: (333 St Kilda Road, St Kilda) - 7:15 am Coffee Palace: (Corner of Grey and Jackson St, St Kilda) - 7:20 am Urban Central: (334 City Road, Southbank) - 7:30 am
- Approximate Return Time:
Summer 12 Midnight
- Wildlife Tours Australia
- Great Ocean Road, Phillip Island, Sorrento, Torquay, Bells Beach, Apollo Bay and Angelsea
- Departs From
You will depart Melbourne CBD between 6:50 and 7:30 am (depending on pick up point â€“ hotel pickups available), to begin your fabulous two day adventure along the Great Ocean Road to Phillip Island for the Penguin Parade Tour.
(Please note: The following activities or locations marked with a * symbol are subject to daylight hour restrictions and some may be omitted if time does not allow for them)
Day 1 Highlights (includes lunch & dinner)
After meeting at Colac Park and enjoying a light morning tea, you will travel south along the Great Ocean Road to the Twelve Apostles to view the spectacular limestone stacks, a major highlight on the journey south. You will descend the Gibson Steps where you can examine these magnificent monoliths at eye level. You will enjoy a walk along the beach, surrounded by soaring limestone cliffs to view the Archway, The Razorback and the Dumpling Pots. Your experienced guide will tell the history of the area, including Loch Ard Gorge and Australiaâ€™s most illustrious shipwreck.
As your first day continues to unfold, you will take a guided bushwalk through Otwayâ€™s Rainforest (Melba Gully), where the towering and ancient canopy is a sight to behold. You will stop for refreshments in the beautiful seaside town of Apollo Bay, before journeying on to the Kennett River, famous for its large population of koalas and home to a wide array of parrots and kookaburras. You'll go for a wander along the pier at *Lorne and visit the *Split Point Lighthouse before enjoying a tasty BBQ dinner. Accommodation is overnight at Bells Beach Backpackers.
Day 2 Highlights (includes breakfast)
Begin the day with a delicious breakfast of pancakes, toast, fruit and juice, before heading to
*Torquay for a spot of shopping. Next, you'll cruise through the picturesque seaside towns of Barwon Heads and Ocean Grove, before taking a ferry from Queenscliff to Sorrento, with seals and dolphins often following alongside. Once arriving at *Sorrento Beach, you'll be able to enjoy a leisurely walk on the oceanfront and explore the delightful rock pools. Next up, is a visit to the Australian Wildlife Park; a photographer's dream of up close encounters with koalas, kangaroos, emus, wombats, Tasmanian Devils and an array of colourful native birds. The remainder of your day will be spent exploring Phillip Island â€“ including the rugged beaches at *Woolamai â€“ the Moto GP Track and *Swan Lake, home to wetland birds and groups of wallabies. In addition, Nobbies, Seal Rocks and the Blowhole â€“ where seals love to bathe â€“ as well as Summerlands, home to thunderous surf and sheer cliff faces. Last stop is the famous Penguin Parade where we watch the world's smallest penguins ride in on the waves. You will then be returned to your Melbourne CBD accommodation, arriving at around 9:00 pm during the winter months, or 12 Midnight during the summer.
Helicopter Flight at 12 Apostles â€“ from $145 per person extra
Note: Accommodation is prearranged and upgrades are subject to availability. If you would like to upgrade to a double or twin, please notify us of your preference prior to booking and we can check availability for you. Please contact us on 07 4041 3244 during business hours Monday to Friday.